CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SCRAP-BOOKING IS FUN, BUT IT CAN BE EXPENSIVE!


I bet you can find those specials where you buy 10 for $1.00 notebooks - 'back to school'...

I invested in a set of 24 scissors with a variety of cutting edges that make this type of 'edge' when I trim the sheets.

All I do is separate about 10 'sections' of
that note-book; then I start trimming with 10 different
scissors.


I use inexpensive felt markers that I buy at
the dollar store - I hold the marker at the 'edge' of each trimmed sheet - move
it swiftly (for an artsy look) along the cut border; just as this sample
here.


I use real SCRAPS of wrapping paper; fabric - ribbon - anything that is 'pretty', and I glue it on the front as I create a frame-work so I can glue-stick a lovely photo. The photo might be from my camera; it might be from a great magazine that's captured just the right picture.

If you want to use the self-stick lettering (it's usually inexpensive) that's great. If you don't have any handy, go to your computer; make a variety of type-styles that you enlarge at 24 to 72 point; you pick the ink colors; the 'font', and print out sheets. Cut those letters with one of the scissors that allows for a 'boo-boo' if you don't cut perfectly.


Trim the letters out; lay the wording down
'hap-hazardly' so it has a free-form look. If you're making a journal for
someone who's picture you have, scan that - trim; glue-stick, and then trim it
out with scraps of ribbon.


Put your brain and creative thinking to work;
not your credit card. Something made with love, is received with love -
regardless of how 'perfect' you might think it is.